Building muscle largely depends on your muscle-building diet. You may be working out all you want but if you’re lacking in food nourishment and the right nutrition, you won’t be able to build your desired dream physique.
The foods and nutrition that you take in are actually the make or break factor in your muscle-building endeavor. You’ll want to create an environment conducive to muscle growth, and you do this with the aid of the nutrients that you consume from foods and supplements.
1. Egg whites are a source of pure protein. This muscle-building diet food source has fat to protein ratio of 60:1. Otherwise called magnificent muscle growth food, egg whites also have an extremely high biological value. Egg whites are a large source of protein that is readily utilized by the body for protein synthesis. This rich protein food contains carbohydrates and vitamins and minerals as well.
2. Chicken and turkey are lean meats for building serious muscle. These foods are staples in every bodybuilder’s workout diet. Chicken and turkey breasts are excellent sources of high-quality protein. They contain extremely low amounts of saturated and trans fats.
3. Fish is a rich source of omega-3 essential fatty acids. Although it’s normally recommended in a muscle-building diet to eat less fat, fish is an exception to that. Oil from fish supports the muscle-building process. Go for cold water fishes such as trout, tuna, salmon, and sardines contain sufficient amounts of healthy protein and fats. Add canned fish packed in water to your shopping list. It’s a quick protein source for munching especially when you’re on the go.
4. Beans and legumes are delicious sources of fiber and protein. Serious muscle builders should not ignore the power of beans and legumes in building muscles. Eating fiber-rich foods supports normal bowel movement and regulates the secretion of insulin in your body. These nutrients aid in the proper absorption of nutrients taken in from foods and supplements. Eat plenty of kidney beans, too. One cup of kidney beans contains 14 grams of protein and fiber.
Check Out Our List Of The Best Supplements For Building Muscle, Shredding Muscle, Recovery, Great Health, and Wellness Products!
5. Lean red meat is an excellent protein source for hard gainers. Cuts of red meat and lean ground beef are excellent food sources for growing muscle mass. They contain ample amounts of zinc, iron, protein, and B Vitamins. If you’re a hard gainer, chomp up more red meats that contain plenty of calories per serving. Then again, limit your intake of red meats because it is high in saturated fats. Refrain from eating them on a daily basis. In your weekly diet, add red meat to turkey, chicken, and fish. It’ll add variety and flavor to your muscle-building diet.
6. Low glycemic carbs fuel your muscles. These slow-burning carbs found in sweet potatoes and oatmeal are excellent pre-workout snacks. You build muscles not only with protein nourishment but with carbs, too. When you work out, you use carbs found in your muscles as fuel. So when bulking up your muscles with weights, fuel yourself with slow-digesting carbs, or else your intensity decreases.
7. Drink 10 liters of water daily to keep yourself hydrated. Doing so will keep your muscles looking full. Due to misinformation, some bodybuilders think that the most important element in building muscles is meat. However, the truth is, that water should be the no. 1 item in your list of muscle growth requisites. Water transports nutrients to your muscle cells, and in turn, makes the nutrients and supplements that you take more efficient.
There are actually more food sources that will support your muscle gaining goals, but the 7 mentioned edibles above are the basics. Build muscle mass and look good. Rev up your bodybuilding workouts with an efficient muscle-building diet.
- The “Top 5 Essential Nutrients And Vital Vitamins” To Help You Build Muscle And strength
- Creatine Is One Of “The Most Common Supplements” That Athletes Take To Build Muscle Faster