The Wheelchair Division is very young, and there has only been one champion. “King Kong” Harold Kelley was the three-time Olympia champion entering the contest and was expected to make it four in a row in Orlando, FL. Kelley remains the lone ever winner of this division, claiming his fourth title in 2021.
Each competitor was introduced for their individual routines with an announcement regarding the injury or birth defect they sustained to require the use of a wheelchair by Wheelchair Bodybuilding Chairman Nick Scott.
2021 Olympia — Wheelchair Results
- Harold Kelley — Four-time Wheelchair Olympia champion
- Gabriele Andriulle
- Antoni Khadraoui
- Adelfo Cerame Jr.
- Tyler Brey
- $5.95 Ground Shipping On Any Purchase In The US! – Shop Now!
- Introducing 7-DAY CLEANSE by NU-TEK Nutrition®. This convenient yet potent cleanse features concentrated amounts of key herbs and botanicals! No bitter-tasting juices or bad-tasting powders
[Related: Arnold Schwarzenegger Wants Classic Physique to Be as Big as Open Bodybuilding]
The eight athletes in the 2021 Wheelchair Olympia performed individual routines first. Judges scored based on upper body musculature, symmetry, and conditioning. Poses included a side chest, most muscular, front double biceps, back double biceps, back lat spread, front lat spread, and side triceps.
Athletes performed their routines in turn order — Gabriele Andruiulli, Bradley Betts, Tyler Brey, Adelfo Cerame Jr., Antoni Khadroaoui, Chad McCrary, Johnny Quinn, and then defending champion Harold Kelley.
Jen Pasky-Jaquin was featured as the guest poser following the routines of the Wheelchair Olympia competitors. She is the first athlete to earn her IFBB pro card for Female Wheelchair bodybuilding. She received a guest posing medal for her performance.
2021 Olympia Results Thus Far
The Olympia has been somewhat unpredictable this year. Many returning champions were anticipated to have successful defenses on the Olympia stage and lived up to expectations. That was the case with now five-time Figure Olympia champion Cydney Gillon and now two-time Ms. Olympia champion Andrea Shaw.
However, there were also surprises, including Derek Lunsford dethroning Shaun Clarida in the 212 Division and Whitney Jones reclaiming the Fitness Olympia championship. Here are the results thus far:
- 212 Division
- Fitness Division
- Ms. Olympia
- Figure Division
- Women’s Physique
- Wellness Division
- Bikini Division
- Classic Physique
- Men’s Physique
- Mr. Olympia Pre-judging
Mr. Olympia’s pre-judging seemed to immediately narrow down to a final two — 2020 Mr. Olympia Mamdouh “Big Ramy” Elssbiay and 2019 Mr. Olympia Brandon Curry. Other impressive physiques that stood out in the rest of the field were Nick Walker and Hadi Choopan.
2021 Olympia Schedule
Olympia Weekend runs from Oct. 7-10, with the pro competitions taking place on the eighth and ninth. The Mr. Olympia finals will wrap on Saturday. Here’s the complete competition schedule:
- Friday, Sept. 8, 9:00 a.m. EST: Morning Pre-judging (Fitness, 212, Figure, Women’s Physique, Ms. O, Wellness)
- Friday, Sept. 8, 7:00 p.m. EST: Evening Finals (212, Fitness, Figure, Women’s Physique, Ms. O, Mr. O Pre-juding)
- Saturday, Sept. 9, 9:00 a.m. EST: Morning Pre-judging (Classic Physique, Men’s Physique, Bikini, Wellness Finals, Wheelchair Finals)
- Saturday, Sept. 9, 7:00 p.m. EST: Evening Finals (Mr. Olympia, Men’s Physique, Bikini, Classic Physique)
- Give your connective tissues some love with REJUVIX JOINT™ by Xcelerated Performance Products®
- A1Supplements.com – Lose Fat, Gain Muscle!
- A1Supplements.com – America’s Favorite Supplement Store.
- Save up to 70% on Vitamins & Supplements at eVitamins.com!