On the subject of legends, it’s impossible to not mention Arnold Schwarzenegger. What hasn’t he done? As someone who began his career with bodybuilding, and then reached staggering heights as an actor, director, politician, and so much more, he’s certainly someone people look up to.
Even the young people of this generation cannot ignore Arnold Schwarzenegger’s large presence. In his entire career, he had won the title of Mr. Olympia seven different times, proving himself the men of men, and then getting his name out through his films so that the rest of the world can take notice.
It’s hard not to be inspired by what he has achieved, and there’s really no reason not to. The man certainly deserves a ton of respect, and the work that he put into getting the physique that he wants, is one that is certainly awe-inspiring.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Workout
Arnold Schwarzenegger spent a lot of time in the gym, and for good reason. To maintain the type of body he has, he needed to shape up his body with a lot of weight and strength training. Everyday he worked on a specific muscle group, making sure that he toned every part of his body.
The kind of workouts he did were not only high in intensity, but high in volume as well. With lots of repetitions and sets, paired with maximum effort. Keeping his body toned, and building up at the same time required a lot of exercises that suited this purpose.
Here is an example of an approved Arnold Schwarzenegger workout plan:
Tuesday and Friday
Shoulders, Arms (Biceps and Triceps), Abs exercises each with 5 sets
- Clean and Press (reps: 5; rest: 45)
- Standing Dumbbell Press and Front Dumbbell Raise (reps: 30, 12, 10, 8, and 6; rest: 45 sec)
- Lateral Raise, Upright Row, and Barbell Curl (reps: 30, 12, 10, 8, and 6; rest: 45 sec)
- Incline Dumbbell Curl, Concentration Curls, and Close-Grip Barbell Bench-Press (reps: 30, 12, 10, 8, and 6; rest: 45 sec)
- Barbell Skullcrushers and Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps-Extension (reps: 30, 12, 10, 8, and 6; rest: 45 sec)
- Wrist Curls and Reverse Wrist Curls (reps: 30, 12, 10, 8, and 6; rest: 45 sec)
- Decline Sit-up (reps: 25; rest: 45 sec)
Arnold Schwarzenegger Diet
Because of his general weight and stature, Arnold Schwarzenegger required a lot of nutritious meals that were made specifically to keep up his physique. In order to maintain his muscles, he needs to consume an acceptable amount of protein and carbs.
For him, the idea of three meals a day never worked. He needed five separate meals throughout the day, keeping his body active with the foods that were good for his growth. He did of course supplement with some protein shakes. It became difficult to reach the required amount of protein that he had to consume every day just from meals alone.
He ate regularly throughout the day, making sure to pack up with some protein before and after his strenuous workouts. The calorie-packed foods that he needed to eat every day required him to burn a lot of fat as well. He does approve of cheat meals and food that some people may raise an eyebrow at. However, these foods were able to help him reach his goals without a problem.
Here is an example of an approved Arnold Schwarzenegger daily food intake taken from here:
- 1 bowl cereal
- 2 slices toast
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup (8 oz) orange juice
- 2 strips bacon
- Coffee, plain, black
- 6-inch sub on white bread, with 4 oz sliced turkey, 2 oz cheese, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato
- 1 small bag potato chips
— Workout between snack and dinner —
Arnold Schwarzenegger Social Media Channels
Everyone knows Arnold Schwarzenegger, however, many of the general public probably only know him as he is now. The people of this generation can probably easily tell him apart from the crowd from his looks alone. If you’re not already following him, you can check out his official website or find him on social media.
- Facebook: @arnold
- Twitter: @Schwarzenegger
- Instagram: @Schwarzenegger
- $5.95 Ground Shipping On Any Purchase In The US! – Shop Now!
- Free Shipping on US orders over $49 USD and 5 lbs or less at eVitamins.com!
- A1Supplements.com – Lose Fat, Gain Muscle!
- Shop Hybrid Bikes at sixthreezero.com!