Of course, one of the best ways to get the amount of protein that your diet requires is through solid food, but as I am sure many bodybuilders would agree, it is not always easy to get all of their protein through solid foods. Especially when you carry out a full-time job and don’t always have time to prepare meals, through which to get your protein.
This is where protein shakes have their place. All you need is a quality whey protein powder, a shaker bottle, and some water, and you’ll always have enough protein at your fingertips to fuel your muscles!
We all love our shakes, either pre-or post-workout, but it can be challenging at times to really nail down what the best ingredients are to put into a lean shake. The dangers with these shakes are that we can put too many things into them, and while it may taste great, what happens is an excess of calories that we just don’t need. So while a lean shake seems like a good choice, the wrong ingredients can make this anything but lean.
Using protein or other shakes as a way to lean out or bulk is a smart choice. Ultimately, it gives us an enjoyable way to take in a ton of nutrients without feeling like we are stuffing ourselves with endless amounts of chicken and spinach. But, with this, comes the unfortunate sneaky weight gain if the wrong ingredients are put in.
Let’s take a look at some of the best ingredients to put with our lean shake. The right approach to making one of these treats can pay off in the long run and once you have that great recipe nailed down, you never have to worry again about too many calories in your lean shake.
Benefits Of A Lean Shake
When it comes down to it, a lean shake provides for a host of benefits that you will love and enjoy. Benefits of a lean shake include:
- Assist with weight loss by pumping you with great ingredients to keep you full and not add crazy amounts of calories.
- Boost muscle growth with adequate amounts of protein to really give you the best chance at building real muscle (1).
- Increase recovery by refueling and recharging those muscles so they grow, but also repair for a faster bounce back (2).
- Tasty options to give you something you can enjoy while still receiving awesome benefits.
- A convenient way to get nutrients for all of those on-the-go needs.
Best Ingredients For Your Lean Shake
Let’s take a look at some key ingredients to elevate your lean shake to the next level. Working with premium and high-quality ingredients will ensure you get efficient growth, effective recovery, but most importantly, worthwhile gains.
Those looking for a lean shake protein powder option will most likely be keen on a whey isolate, a more filtered form of whey protein perfect for weight loss and building muscle. While other forms of whey exist, there are also those non-dairy options which are great for those following a vegan and plant-based diet. The right protein powder will most certainly increase your gains for the better by working for muscle growth, better recovery, and serious weight loss effects (3).
As a great ingredient to curb your appetite and help keep weight off, yogurt is a great choice to add to the consistency of a shake as well. Plus, you get the added benefits and nutrients that come with it. The nice part is you can choose whatever flavor yogurt you desire that will only add to your shake (4).
As a dairy-free option, this is a nutritious, low-calorie, and tasty alternative to add as your shake’s base. High in vitamins and minerals, while also being low in sugar, this is a source of calcium as well as a nice alternative to help you lose weight, or at the very least, keep weight off.
Fruit can add to the texture and taste of your shake and offers great vitamins and minerals for you to enjoy. When it comes to fruit, be cautious of how much you put in because with the amount of sugar, albeit natural, you never know how this can affect your bodybuilding goals.
Greens are essential for our overall health and wellness and by including greens in your shake, you work to benefit not only your physical health but also your mental health. A great way to get easy nutrients into your body, you don’t have to worry about buying a super greens supplement, although these are great as well, because you get plenty of these greens in one go. Focusing on leafy greens allows them to blend nicely so you don’t even notice they are there.
Nuts are a great source of nutrients and are loaded with antioxidants. They will work to reduce inflammation, keep you full, offer nice taste and texture, and of course, work for weight loss. It should be said that nuts can be high in fat so limiting the amount and focusing on quantity is important, but at the end of the day, this is a great ingredient to throw in a lean shake (5).
Along with nuts are those nut butters. Whether it be peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter, among others, these will offer the same benefits of nuts while changing the consistency. Again, be cautious of the amount but at the end of the day, these butters are amazing options for you to see real gains.
Other Supplements For Muscle Growth & Meal Replacing
When looking towards other supplements that work well for muscle growth and meal replacement, there are some that work well for those weight loss goals too. As mentioned above, a protein powder is a great way to see real gains to tackle any and all of those desired growth, recovery, and weight loss goals. But for those wanting something on the go that still offers plenty of nutrients, definitely look into meal replacements for they will have a great balance of macros while also including plenty of other nutrients into their formula as well.
Working with a lean shake requires only the best ingredients. It can be challenging to know exactly what to put into your lean shake but high-quality ingredients can make all the difference for your muscle growth, recovery, and weight loss goals. Add some of these ingredients into your shake and see what they can do for your gains today.
- Save up to 70% on Vitamins & Supplements at eVitamins.com!
- $5.95 Ground Shipping On Any Purchase In The US! – Shop Now!
- A1Supplements.com – Lose Fat, Gain Muscle!
- Stark, M.; et al. (2012). “Protein timing and its effects on muscular hypertrophy and strength in individuals engaged in weight-training”. (source)
- Pasiakos, S.; et al. (2014). “Effects of protein supplements on muscle damage, soreness and recovery of muscle function and physical performance: a systematic review”. (source)
- Cintineo, H.; et al. (2018). “Effects of Protein Supplementation on Performance and Recovery in Resistance and Endurance Training”. (source)
- Jacques, P.; et al. (2014). “Yogurt and weight management”. (source)
- Natoli, S.; et al. (2007). “A review of the evidence: nuts and body weight”. (source)
- LivPür Energy boosts energy levels, focus, and alertness while keeping jitters at bay.
- Shop Electric Bikes at sixthreezero.com!
- A1Supplements.com – America’s Favorite Supplement Store.